Friday, May 31, 2013

Widgets

Characters

If you haven't created a character yet then this information might be useful to you. As of the time of writing, the most successful characters in the "world wide championship" are Paul and Panda. I don't believe there is a weakest character or at least there shouldn't be (if there is one, it's definitely Yoshimitsu). According to the Twitter and Facebook page, each character is designed to be strong against some and weak against others. As of right now, Paul and Pandas are dominating the scene, with Nina and Lili not too far behind. Last week it was Xiaoyu and Nina. Next week it could be anyone, even maybe Heihachi.


Each character has a different play style and strengths and weaknesses. After I completed an "A" Yoshimitsu deck, I regretted it because I wanted to play as Kazuya. I will probably stick with Yoshimitsu till I have 3 of every card and all the SR cards, including the power card.



Kazuya is kind of an average fighter at first, but when his HP is low, his card effects tend to overwhelm the opposition.



Paul's cards have extremely high damage, but usually have negative effects as a tradeoff.



Law is a rather well rounded character with mid to high base damage and cards that negate the opponents card effects.



Yoshimitsu's cards are average base damage and the card abilities are quite weird. He has a very large assortment of tricks but the thing unique to him is the power to conceal his cards (not that useful at all) which is currently 'not working and will be improved/fixed'.


Xiaoyu draws cards fast. Her cards are usually 10 damage with the exception of a few. She is one of the few characters that will probably play strike more than focus.


Nina is a rather well rounded character as well. I believe she specializes in healing. Like Xiaoyu, she also has many ways of drawing cards without actually focusing.


Lili has many abilities, the ones I notice the most are her parries. I also see a lot of ways for her to draw cards without having to play focus, sometimes this involves the opponent drawing a card as well. She also have mid to high base damage on many of her Punch cards.


Panda hits as hard as Paul. She doesn't have much heal or any reliable heals but her SR card has the highest starting health and many of her cards come with protection to make up for the lack of healing.

How I picked my character was Law because I wanted to see him do a somersault in the animation (this never occurs by the way). After a couple games I got the feel of what the game was like (I only had bronze cards) and I began to explore the buttons on the user interface. It led me to logging out and because there is no option to create a password at start, I abandoned that account and made a Kazuya deck. I mustered enough credits to buy an ultra pack, opened it and got a golden Yoshimitsu power card. So I sold all my cards and started a Yoshimitsu deck.

15 comments:

  1. i have been following your blog which has great info! can you please state your exp dueling Xiao Yu players? my gf wants to start and try her deck but doesnt know where to start with....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous!

      Thanks for the compliment. Regarding your question on Xiao Yu, as a Yoshimitsu player I feel if I don't get my Magatama or Kimon Matagi cards (these are my healing cards) at the right time, I will most likely lose to a Strong Xiao Yu Deck. Xiao Yu deck's are all about speed. I don't actually play Xiao Yu, but from what I've seen, I can come up with very quick deck for you:

      3x Flapping wings
      3x Cyanide
      3x BRONZE mistrust
      1x Ruby
      1x Hidden Fortune
      1x Clouded Peak
      1x Bolting Rabbit
      1x BRONZE/SILVER/GOLD Phoenix Talon
      1x SR Shooting Star
      175 HP Power Card

      That looks like a pretty neat deck. It primarily plays strike more often then anything. It is almost guaranteed to never have 0 cards in hand.

      Hope this helps.

      Ask your gf what kind of playstyle she likes and then perhaps we can find a character she will enjoy playing.

      Delete
    2. oh wow great im gonna check her deck later, i think she got that SR shooting star from the promo last week

      Delete
  2. Hello, I saw your blog a couple of days ago and started loving It from the 1. minute on! You put so much information and useful tips for new players together, thanks a lot for that!

    I also wanted to ask you If you could recommend me a deck for Kazuya/Nina or Lili these are the characters I currently got though they are on a low level (20-25)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sincerity,

      Thanks for the visiting and the lovely comment. I am not an expert on Kazuya Nina or Lili, But I will do my best to recommend some decks for you. I am working on a post for a Kazuya Deck as we speak and will post a reply with a link when it is finished. Something tells me you are looking for a incomplete deck (not gold), I don't use any non-gold cards anymore, but from the looks of it, they are more or less like their gold counterparts. Nonetheless, please find the decks I create useful. Don't ever be afraid to comment or ask any other questions. I feel my response was not what you were looking for in an answer. lol

      Delete
    2. With new cards around the corner, I will hold off for a couple hours before I post a Kazuya deck. I recommend you hold out till the new cards are out. They are usually very very very game changing for the character.

      Delete
    3. Hello King of Iron Fist,

      Thank's a lot for your reply, It helped me a lot. Can I ask why you don't use any gold cards anymore? and yes I need a Silver deck as I can't afford gold cards. For now I got a complete Silver Deck with a Gold Power Card on my Nina, a silver deck with a silver Power Card on my Lili and bronze/silver Cards on my Kazuya as I'm waiting for the new cards like you suggested me. My Lili deck Is a heavy hitter deck but for some reason I don't really have any sucess with It maybe because I don't have the Gold Power Card that restricts the enemy cards to 4 yet I don't know. I would appreciate It If you could also help me out with my Nina and Lili deck maybe I could write It to you in private If there Is any way?

      Delete
    4. Oh and as I cant afford so many Cards to make multiple decks on one Account I also got 2 Accounts for Nina, one with a Overheal Deck (With position heal cards) and another one with cards to draw more cards.

      Delete
    5. Hi Sasaki,
      I assume you are the Anonymous that posted earlier? I do use Gold cards. I think there was a miscommunication somewhere. I had meant to say "I only use GOLD cards (and SR)". I see you have many accounts. I play with just 1, it is easier to focus on a gold deck that way.

      For your Lili deck, what is it's current theme? I have seen a lot of Lili Punch decks that hit for very high amount and I have seen these decks in the mid to high 1200's. I will make another Lili deck post regarding this kind of deck.

      From what I have seen, no Lili deck is complete without
      Monte Carlo Snap: 16 Damage, Punch, After the attack: Block missed: Card discarded +35 HP


      For Nina, the position healing cards are not as strong as the "this card appears" card. Using position healing cards kind of dictates when to strike, (if you use "This card in position 1/2/3..." healing cards, you will want to always focus till 1/2/3 before striking). I will make another Nina deck post soon. Many top players play Nina, in fact, the Top 20 this week had 10 Nina's. I am not sure what exactly their deck is, but I can tell you the Staple cards for most Nina decks contain these cards:

      Blonde Bomb: 10 Damage, Punch, After the attack: This card appears: +20 HP
      Jab to Mid Kick: 25 Damage, Kick, After the attack: This card appears: 4th card discarded +1 card
      Assault Bomb: 25 Damage, Punch, After the attack: Opp Strike: K cards +10 Hit
      Power Card: 255 HP First turn: -80 HP
      SR Card Crab Hold 30 Damage, Kick, This card appears +2 cards

      Delete
    6. Oh sorry I used another name, no I'm Sincerity :)

      Delete
    7. My Current Lili Deck Is a 3rd Card buff Deck like this :

      2x Rompex Flouret Silver
      2x Allonger le Bras Silver
      3x Peacock Waltz Silver
      1x Heliotrope Bronce
      1x Slashing Vine Bronce
      2x Monte Carlo Snap Silver
      2x Cancer Une Deux Bronce
      1x Direct Persuasion Silver
      1x Piercing Thorn Silver (Only using It since I dont have more Punch card, and It's the only card I had left)

      Delete
    8. My Current Nina "Draw" Deck Is this one:

      Power Card: 170 HP -1 Card/- 5HP
      1 Blonde Bomb
      3 Spin Low Kick to Right Upper
      3 Right Backhand Body Blow
      1 Jab to Mid Kick
      1 Assault Bomb
      2 Spiral Explosion
      1 Deadly Hunter
      2 Catapult Kick

      Every card Is Uncommon except the Power Card which Is Rare

      I forgot to say that on my Lili Is got the 140HP Uncommon Power Card

      Delete
    9. Oh and the Deadly Hunter Is Rare aswell because the Uncommon one Is totally different. Sorry for so many Posts :/

      Delete
    10. Im planning to create a Yoshimitsu Deck, I got 200k Gold on my Yoshi could you update your current deck with the new cards they released today? And what kind of Yoshi deck would you recommend me, as things stand? You should really insert a edit function in your block :)

      Delete