Thursday, June 13, 2013

Widgets

Lili Deck - 01

Edit: Due to the drastic changes in Lili's Piercing Thorn card, and the addition of Rafflesia, I have edited the build of the deck hoping to salvage what is left of a Parry Deck for Lili.

This post is regarding a common Lili deck that I see quite often. I find it extremely difficult to overcome without a bit of luck. I will also post a flow chart to aid in the strategy of this deck. This deck is not the "be all and end all" Lili decks, it is just a deck. Without further adieu, here is the deck!

Lili
Parry Queen Lili

The Deck

  • 3x Direct Persuasion: 22 Damage, Punch, After the attack: Cards ≤ Opp cards & Opp cards ≥ 3: +1 card
  • 2x Matterhorn Ascension: 20 Damage, Kick, After the attack: This card appears & Opp cards ≥ 2: +25 HP
  • 1x Rafflesia: 12 Damage, Punch, Before the attack: Opp cards ≥ 3: +1 Parry
  • 2x Alstroemeria: 14 Damage, Kick, After the attack: Dual Block & Opp cards ≥ 2: Opp -1 card
  • 2x Freesia Thrust: 20 Damage, Kick, Before the attack: Opp Strike & Opp cards ≥ 3: +1 Kick Parry
  • 2x Autumn Wind: 15 Damage, Kick, After the attack: Opp Focus: Both +1 card
  • 2x Monte Carlo Snap: 16 Damage, Punch, After the attack: Block missed: Card discarded & + 35 HP
  • Power Card: 130 HP, Every turn: Opp -1 card max
Pick 1 of the following
  • 1x Monte Carlo Snap: 16 Damage, Punch, After the attack: Block missed: Card discarded & + 35 HP
  • 1x Elysee Le Bras Allonge: 20 Damage, Punch, After the attack: Strike: Both -5 cards & Both +4 cards

Strategy

Here is the flow chart I have created for this deck. Obviously it won't beat everyone but it is a general guide to playing with this deck. As you can see it is quite defensive and patient. You may not like the play-style so feel free to not go along with the flow chart.

Conclusion

I have never tried this deck before, but I can tell you fighting against is very tough. If you were wondering how to counter this deck (and maybe all Lili deck's that have a similarity to this one), Consider striking with 1-2 cards when the Lili doesn't have any means to gain a card the next turn for blocking (Sunset Sunrise).

Feel free to comment, ask any questions, subscribe, or "like" the post =].

16 comments:

  1. i play a lili deck, with all honesty, this won't get too far up the 1200+ lvls. The strategy works through turtling. so if you have cards like Trout Sweep or any other cards that damages Lili's HP, she will be forced to strike.
    The best strategy is to strike and to strike often. You'll get fresh cards anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeff!

      Thanks for your insightful comment. I see what you mean by Trout Sweep dominating this deck. I find Trout Sweep Dominates a lot of decks. I am not sure how this deck fairs against any particular match except a Yoshimitsu. From losing to a 1200+ Lili here and there, I can imagine there are some weaknesses within the deck preventing said Lili from advancing to 1250+. Please don't hesitate to offer more tips. I think people will appreciate your advice more than mine :]

      Delete
  2. While I agee that Alstroemeria is in general a great card, I don't think it fits here as it lacks synergy with the other draw card.
    Situations of double-block start occurring when you both have max cards, and then you're effectively letting your opp cycle through his deck (-1 from Alstroemeria, +1 from Sunrise Sunset) triggering all his on-appearance effects, while your cards stay static.
    Anyone who includes Alstroemeria to work in this type of deck, and considers it a staple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SrRender,
      Thanks for commenting. Originally I thought Alstroemeria works quite well as it removes the opponent's defensive cards prior to a strike. I understand what you mean when it triggers on appearance card effects. As a Yoshimitsu player, there was nothing to really trigger (lol). So I thought the use of Alstroemeria was quite strong when it discarded my Heal per Turn cards/Block: +1 Parry cards. I can see where the addition of Alstroemeria would be counter productive against a Nina (which there are a lot of). Thanks for pointing that out. Do you have any other suggestion? I am glad that I do not have to alter the flow chart if I were to substitute Alstroemeria =].

      Delete
  3. I added a 3rd Matterhorn since that does work quite well off of the SunriseSunset. Also, I run an Autumn Wind (opp focus: both +1 card), which is still a K and complements SunSun for even more draw power.
    Another inclusion Soleil, as you need some raw damage to 1-strike-KO a blocking Kazuya player on >61HPs (as you explained in another post).

    Then you have my current deck exactly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SrRender for the deck advice. I will look into it more when I have some time. I think you are right about combining drawing power with high damage cards like Soleil. I just faced my friends silver+gold Lili deck and there was so much pain due to the high speed drawing and cards like Soleil.

      Delete
  4. Great analysis. Just a suggestion, could you add swimland to your diagram? Your decision diamonds and blocks are all over the place making it hard to read, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Metatime09,

      Thanks for the compliment! By swimland, did you mean swimlane? I will try to do that later on. I used an online internet browser flowchart creator, if you could recommend one that would be great. I am actually new to the whole flow chart stuff =].

      Thanks for the advice though. Prior to the conversation, I was totally oblivious to swim lane!

      Delete
    2. Do you see the other power card in high rating play. What cards does that style run?

      Delete
    3. The 175HP power card goes well with high dmg Punch cards, and cards that buff on opp >=3 cards.
      It would still need some parries / healing to diminish the effect of 5-card strikes against you; and some draw control to stay in the race.

      So I'd think along the lines of
      - Minuet, Rompez Fleuret, (Slashing Vine, Heliotrope, Peacock Waltz) for dmg
      rounded out with
      - Piercing Thorn and Matterhorn for healing
      and
      - Direct Persuasion and Alstromeria for card control

      Delete
    4. sorry, should be Monte Carlo, not Matterhorn...

      Delete
    5. SrRender is correct. There are a lot of high rating Lilis who run a very strong Punch deck that capitalizes on boosting the 3rd card whilst forcing both players to draw cards. I will try to make a post on that in the near future. Regarding the deck in this post, the latest Online WW Championship, I saw someone who ran a deck very similar to this (I won't mention their name, but I know it was them because I wrote this post after losing to them, lol). They beat me in the low 1200's and in the last hours of the Online WW Championship, they were in the 1310's. So I would say this deck is allright.

      Delete
  5. When are you going to post a 3rd Buff Punch Heavy Hitter Lili deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the middle of making a Xiaoyu Deck but I am hesitant to publish the article because I feel the deck is lacking. There was just a really big update and I wanted to test the update, play a little games with conceal, find out the mechanics, then create another post. Ill try to make a Lili deck soon. I feel because of the update, Lili will be stronger in the competitive scene.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I would like to test the conceal effect too but I can't because I don't have conceal cards and no gold left :/ A new Yoshimitsu deck lost Is a good Idea too apart from the Lili Punch deck

      Delete
  6. What do you think about this deck

    1 Rafflesia-block
    1 Shears to Spinning Edge
    2 Monte Carlo Snap
    2 Stunning Toe Kick
    3 Freesia Thrust
    2 Matterhorn Ascension
    2 Sunrise Sunset
    2 Alstroemeria

    powercard 130 hp

    ReplyDelete