Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Widgets

Heihachi Update

About 24 Hours ago, an app update was released in the App store and the Google Play Store (soon the update will be available for Kindle as well). This update included the following:

This is taken directly from the Google Play Store 

What's New
  • Heihachi added
  • Augmented Reality and QR Code scan for physical cards
  • New avatars
  • Card discard rule modification change: HP changes are not taken into account anymore
  • VS Screen modification
  • Yoshimitsu's mask effect persists over turns
  • Bug fixes on various effects that didn't apply correctly such as Kazuya's Entrails Smash and Demon Scissors, Law's Backflipper and Yoshimitsu's Thunderblade
  • Fixed a bug that would enable you to draw a card already present on-screen
  • Reading messages is faster

I want to briefly make a couple comments on each of the points.


Heihachi is a great addition to the game, unfortunately he will be available exclusively through the purchase of physical cards. On the bright side, the "NEWS" section of the game has this to say "Initially Heihachi cards will only be available as physical cards and you'll have to scan them to build your digital deck." That line can be interpreted in many ways. I would like to think that individuals who purchase the physical cards and sell Heihachi cards will make those cards available in the market place. Perhaps Heihachi cards will be available in digital boosters in the near future. On the Tekken Facebook page, a fan goes to say "heihachi is only playable if we buy real cards? wtf?!" and is then replied by Community Manage at C4M Productions, Panda Lex "Yes, it is the idea.". That being said, I am not sure what the deal is with Heihachi (lol), we will just have to wait and see.

Augmented Reailty and QR Code scan for physical cards. This isn't very interesting to comment on, so I will just go on to the next points

New Avatars. This is pretty neat. Now I can choose a better looking avatar. I will try to go for something Unique so when people see my avatar they will associate it with my in-game-name.

Card discard rule modification change. This is one of the main things I wanted to talk about. Not sure who is affected the most from this (I would imagine Yoshimitsu) but I think it will make for more fast pace matches. I really dislike blocking all day till my HP bar is full (or the enemies), so I think this update was a good idea. After looking at the Tekken Card Tournament Twitter page, it seems there are a lot of other bugs that came with the update. This included discards occurring despite changes in cards and HP (the total number of cards in play remained the same). Quite a blunder. I hope no one intends to sell their entire decks for another character. The balance update is within 24 hours, hopefully this will even the playing field for characters that lost a lot from the rule modification.

VS Screen modification. Wooo no more dodging matches. This is great. This will also help the developers discover which character is truly over powered. Since dodging is eliminated, I would imagine players who dodged and consistently ranked high will rank a lot lower. This update will bring out everybody's true rating. I would be kind of embarrassed if I was consistently ranking high and when the dodging fix comes up, my rank is terrible.

Yoshimitsu's mask effect persists over turns. Well, this is truly one of the most disappointing updates. I was hoping for at least Oni Kick Combo working in conjunction with the SR Power card, but actually, it still reveals itself to any competent opponent. I have not confirmed this but, I had Oni Kick Combo as my one of my starting concealed cards for at least 9 games. Eight out of 9 players blocked with the 9th player possibly being AFK (the counter dropped to 0 and he focused). On top of that, I thought cards like "Prison Gate" would draw the resulting focus card concealed, but instead the card comes in plain visible sight for all to see. This update was extremely disappointing. I seriously had my hopes up, especially when the Yoshimitsu new cards were pretty mediocre.

Bug fixes for various cards. Not much to comment here.

Fixed a bug that would enable you to draw a card already present on-screen. Not actually fixed, and not quite sure what they are trying to do. I would imagine that they are attempting to make it so that 2x SR cards do not occur in a 5 card hand. This sounds great and all but I am not sure what kind of card drawing formula they will have if they intend to make that change. Possibly when drawing the 16th card, you are not allowed to have a card in your current hand, which means your draw will be from the other 14 cards (or maybe the other 11 cards). I am not quite sure what to expect, either way, I have to some of my posts on card counting.

Reading messages is faster. Good update.

Conclusion

Don't sell your decks till the Balance Update 04 is released! You may regret it. I know a lot of people feel Kazuya's Gates of Hell card is ruined, but maybe the Balance Update will address it and bring it back to it's former glory (I mean even before Balance Update 02). Overall, it seems the only big changes were the HP rule modification. I think it only negatively affects Yoshimitsu and Kazuya. Panda has enough damage to ensure that 3 cards kill the opponent after they absorb 30 damage from Trout Sweep. Lili's SR card that subtracts damage wasn't very game changing anyway. Paul players rejoice (sort of), the update allows 5 card discards so that the negative effects of Paul's cards don't bury him. I think when they fix the bug, Law's Flash Fist can get it's full effect when in position 5.

That conceal update was seriously, such a let down. I hope the upcoming Balance Update modifies Yoshimitsu's cards so that conceal can at least be used to conceal effects such as the combination of Prison Gate and Oni Kick Combo.

12 comments:

  1. Do you know who are the champion concerned by the update ?

    I think they will up the GoH and nerf the GoF for Kazuya ... What else ? (i heard that they want to nerf the panda -15hp on double block, not sure about that).

    Any information ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inso,

      Thanks for commenting. I am not sure what they will do regarding Gates of Hell, I imagine that card may have a slight buff but personally I don't think it is necessary.

      From the twitter page, there is a lot of talk about Monte Carlo Snap. I think that card may get a nerf.

      By GoF do you mean Demon God Fist (46 Damage, Punch, Before the attack: Block: -1 Parry & +5 HP)? Many of the top players changed their name to "nerf God Fist" before the end of the latest Online WW Championship. I can only assume that they will nerf this card but I don't think it is necessary either.

      I think a lot of Yoshimitsu's healing cards may be altered whether a buff or a complete change.

      Regarding Panda's Trout Sweep, I don't think they will nerf that card but there might be something regarding the SR Ultra Kuma card.

      These are all speculation though. Hope this helps =]

      Delete
    2. The patch note is already available here : http://www.tekken-card-tournament.com/fr/release_notes/07-01-2013

      My PERSONNAL impression as a 1350 Kazuya player :

      -The up on kazuya is strange in my opinion. Those cards wont be play anyway. God of Fist (GoF) is a little too powerfull (according to chookly and his nerfdemgodFist new name ;)). GoH should be buff (like up from 7 to 10).

      -the nerf on montecarlo is not enought IMO. Still better than nothing though. Btw, with the new card Rafflesia (http://www.tekken-card-tournament.com/fr/release_notes/07-02-2013) the tank version @130hp will be insane.

      -Yosh deserv more buff. He is still a little weak imo (the last changes on change modification destroy him hard imo).

      -Nerf on nina are fine. Deserved and not to important

      -Panda is still broken in my opinion (ref : your build trout sweeper wich is just too strong ;)).

      Ofc, it's just my opinion, and i can be wrong. Any comments would be appreciated ;)

      Delete
  2. ... I didnt saw changes on Piercing Thorn ... Ok, so now the tank buil lili will just be balanced (they got this effect as unique with ne thew card, and got a nerf on the Piercing Thorn... Deserved in my opinion and pretty smart !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inso,

      I think Gates of Hell is fine as it is. Despite the HP Modification rule, the gates of hell card can still be used to deal 21 Damage (in position 5) and if played correctly from any other position, the damage is still quite strong whilst still intimidating the opponent.

      The nerf on Lili was pretty bad (for Lili) but I think her punch deck is still very viable. They also made Rafflesia a Punch card although it's damage is still rather weak.

      Monte Carlo Snap is indeed a strong card but the change to Piercing Thorn as well as the slight nerfs in Monte Carlo Snap and Matterhorn Ascension have really hit some players decks hard (so hard that I have to revamp Lili Deck - 01). All in all, I think the overall nerfing to Lili was quite a bit.

      Although Yoshimitsu did not get a direct buff (except for Nade Kujaku and Nebular Burst), the nerfs in Nina and Lili are kind of like boosts for everyone else, just disguised in a different way. I am currently playing Yoshimitsu with various decks and despite the change in the 5 card discard rule, I am able to wheel and deal nonetheless.

      The Nerf on Nina was very pleasing to me (lol because I am not a Nina player). It was also VERY big in my opinion. Spin Low Kick to Right Upper is the bread and butter of a Nina deck. I think they should have done something else rather than change the ability. They also should have given players the opportunity to sell it at 100% of the cost as the card seems like a whole new card now. That is probably very disappointing for Nina players. I would show envy towards Lili players who are able to sell Piercing Thorn for 100% of it's value.

      Panda is indeed very strong but not impossible to beat. I think Panda is fine where she is at. I am however not too pleased that if I land two 3 card strikes in, and the panda lands one 3 card strike in, we are at the same life. But you have to realize that Panda has 0 Healing abilities and those high damaging cards usually have recoil on them. Another thing is Ultra Kuma + Trout Sweep is like almost a guarantee win for Panda, however if you think about it, if the stars align for Yoshimitsu, he too can pull off a win (just with a little more work I feel).

      Delete
  3. Well this is all very disappointing =(
    1) i thought the gamedevelopers would do enough money.... now this... heihachi only available for real cards... and till now no opinion for most players to even get them.
    2) new paul cards seem very useless, nothing to combine in a heavyhitter deck, nothing for a discard deck and nothing for a healer-deck. so: useless
    3) yoshi still not powerfull enough to climb the top-ranks
    this is all........

    @Inso: Im a meber of Iron Fist (Rank 2 or 1 in the world, depends on the week-results of our top-players) and we have 1 top 10 player playing panda deck... so i guess she is not as broken as u think... but i also cant tell u a good deck for her.

    @ King of Iron Fist
    could u do a heihachi card analyse, and we could discuss a bit about possible decks till the devolopers agree that all players should have the chanze to get those cards (i already made a pur-punch deck and would like to post it and disguess a bit)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wrestler, Thanks for commenting ^^

      It is not yet 100% confirmed that the cards are only available to those who buy the physical cards so don't lose faith yet! I think if they DO do that, they will miss out on a huge market of people who don't have the time to go to these conventions and what not to buy the cards. If they are really about money (and I think every business is) they make some "increased Heihachi booster" of some sort. I don't think Heihachi will EXCLUSIVELY be for players who buy the physical cards. It just seems like a very bad move from a business perspective.

      Regarding the new Paul cards, I think Piston Fire will work very well in a SR Power Card Paul deck that discards opponents cards when they block. Since the SR Power card encourages 1-3 card strikes, the likelyhood of Piston Fire's ability to go off is quite high.
      I also like Foot Launcher a lot, although I think the base damage could be increased (maybe 11~17). Foot Launcher in combination with Pauls extremely intimidating cards can dish out quite the damage (that is, if the base damage is increased). As for now, I would settle for other cards that deal 35+ damage of which Paul has many of.

      Regarding Yoshimitsu. Since the change in the HP rule, I don't see many Yoshimitsu's around. Personally I think he is OK, like I said in reply to Inso, the nerfs to Lili and Nina may possibly bring rise to Yoshimitsu players at the top. As a Yoshimitsu player myself, I only had trouble with Lili and Nina. Also, I don't always win against Xiaoyu, but when I do, it's cause she disconnected.

      Heihachi Card analysis. That would take quite some time. But from the looks of it, I can tell you he looks EXTREMELY over powered. I will post a deck after I have gone through all my other pages and do some modifications due to the recent update. The deck I will post, hopefully will get Heihachi a nerf even before he comes out. Honestly, he has the power to obtain cards by blocking, a trout sweep card, and a card that matches Lili's "only Punch, 3rd card +XX damage", and a card that matches Law's "Every turn, cards +15 damage". Personally, I think if they don't release him for digital, there will be A LOT of QQ. Second, when they release him, (physical or digital packs) there will be A LOT of QQ.

      Delete
  4. @Wrestler : I know iron fist member pretty well (currently, 1300 so i play a lot vs your top fighters ;)). I still think that with lili & nina nerfs, the two best char are actually Panda and kazu follow by xia/law imo.

    Btw, i did a deck with heihachi punch too... Seem to be so strong (SR +15 dmg and the +20 dmg on the third card, coupled with the : double block = no block ... Too good -_-).

    Btw, you are maybe right on nina ... A little nerf was deserved, but this one is a little too much. Btw, i hate lili tank deck, so i'm happy to see the nerf (destroy ?). But her punch deck is still viable and you have to be more tricky ... For the meta game, it's better imo, but i can understand how terrible it is to full rebuild a deck just because of a patch ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I think I have to destroy my Lili Deck - 01 Page. Those Kick Parries just don't cut it now that most of the Lili's will be flocking over to a Punch deck, Kazuya's main damages are from Punches, Panda's are all punches as well, the developers encouraging Yoshimitsu's to build Punch decks (Nade Kujaku and Nebular Burst are punches). So that narrows it down to Yoshimitsu, Nina, Law, and Paul who are using kicks. I too hated Lili Parry Decks =].

      Delete
    2. haha, play kazuya new card (+30 dmg if opp got full punch), and you are OP !!! ;)

      Delete
  5. "Fixed a bug that would enable you to draw a card already present on-screen. Not actually fixed, and not quite sure what they are trying to do. "

    I don't wonder : I won once or twice a fight because of this bug. I play a Law deck. When you see Law's catapult kick in 2nd position, you block to avoid about half of the damages the 5 cards would make. So Law can focus several time, until the 5 cards. That's what I've been used to do, and most of time, it works very well. After that, you have to decide wether you should strike or discard, if the damages are worth the 3 cards for the opponent... That's another problem. So I had a catapult kick in second card, and another one appeared in 5th ! What's the point of play block to stop a 65 hits unique card if you see it appears anyway in the same hand ? It's unfair, and it could not happen in a real card game. They HAVE to fix this, and better that they did this time. This is really annoying bug. I like to win, but not this way. :-/

    I also agree with you about the 3 blocks discard : Yoshi blocking 12 or 15 times make me howl every time because they block the game. You have to focus without thinking to rush on the 5 cards and HOPE that you'll make over 50 hits to be effective. But if this works, the opponent can strike any time, you can't defend yourself. That was also unfair. That could make somebody change his deck for Yoshi (or Nina))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bug is still there unfortunatly

      Delete